In 1925 a competition was held in Forlì for the creation of a war memorial. After having solved some problems, in 1932 the Municipality of Forlì approved its construction indicating in the firm of Cav. Ettore Benini its builder.
The project by the Academician Cesare Bazzani was chosen, and the bronze sculptural group of the three Winged Victories was entrusted to the Roman sculptor Bernardo Morescalchi.
Morescalchi, who had already worked with the Ferdinando Marinelli Foundry in Florence, also entrusted it with the casting of the Winged Victories group.
In 1939 the monument was inaugurated in the presence of Mussolini:

Video

  • The Monument in the Ferdinando Marinelli's Foundry
  • Mussolini at the inauguration of the Monument
  • The square with the Monument after the inauguration
  • The Monument today
  • The Monument today, detail of the bronze