Roman she-wolf – small version
The Roman She-Wolf, symbol of the town of Rome and of it’s foundation, is an Etruscan bronze lost wax casting, but it could be also a Medieval copy of the original Etruscan sculpture. The two twins have been made by the Florentine Antonio Pollaiolo in 1471, when the wolf was donated by Pope Sisto IV at the roman population and from then exhibited at the Musei Capitolini.
All the Classical and Renaissance art executed by the Marinelli Foundry is created through moulds made directly on the original Works of Art at the beginning of the last century. These original moulds are owned by and a part of the Ferdinando Marinelli Artistic Foundry heritage.