Born in Semproniano, Tuscany; from 1919 to 1926 he attended the Art Institute of Siena working as assistant of the sculptor Fulvio Corsini. From ’26 to ’29 is in Rome to attend the School of the Medal. He take part in the most important Italian art exhibitions, and works in Siena at the War Memorial in the crypt of St. Dominic and the four reliefs of a pylon of the bridge Duca d ‘Aosta in Rome. After the war he settled in Siena, where in 1946 running the Door of Gratitude for the Cathedral. Won the competition for the Holy Door of St. Peter’s in the Vatican inaugurated for the Jubilee of 1950. In 1966 he also performs the main door for the Cathedral of Oropa near Biella.