Fonderia Marinelli was already casting the works of the sculptor Mario Moschi when in 1925 he was commissioned for the realization of War Memorial for Piazza Dalmatia in Florence. Moschi brought his model to the Foundry and the unveiling of the statue took place in 1927.
Thanks to the good relationship with the Uruguayan sculptor José Belloni and the Consul of Uruguay in Italy G. Fraser, the Fonderia Marinelli received the commission to realize the casting (in original size) of Michelangelo’s ‘David’ for the city of Montevideo.
In 1930 Fonderia Marinelli realized the casting of the seven meters high ‘Our Lady of the Angels’, executed by the sculptor Colasanti. It was later gold-plated and then placed on top of the facade of the Church of Assisi.
After having commissioned ‘The Pioneer’s Cart’ from the Fonderia Marinelli in 1929, the Uruguayan sculptor José Belloni commissioned the casting of ‘William Tell’ which was sent to Montevideo, Uruguay, together with the Original Posthumous Cast of Michelangelo’s ‘David’.
One of the first monumental sculptures made by the foundry is ‘The Pioneer’s Cart’. It was commissioned in 1929 by the Consul of Uruguay in Italy, Gilberto Fraschetti for the city of Montevideo. The sketches in plaster made by the Uruguayan sculptor José Belloni were sent by sea to Genova and from there to the Fonderia Marinelli in Florence. Fathfully following the sculptor‘s design, the famous Florentine sculptor Sirio Tofanari was entrusted with the enlargement of the sketches and the direction of the work. The monument is 22 meters long and weighs 15 tons.